Are you feeling overwhelmed by constant cleaning and trying to keep up with everything, only to end the day with even more tasks left to do? This can be discouraging, making you feel like your efforts are not making a difference.
The solution is to establish a daily habit.
Believe me, having daily habits made a big difference for me and my worries about all the things I needed to do, like work, taking care of the kids, and keeping my house tidy.
There's a simple thing you can do every day that can make a big difference in your whole day. It's called the "nightly reset." and it works!
Imagine waking up in the morning to a kitchen that's clean and tidy. No piles of dishes or crumbs on the floor. That's how I start my day, and it all starts with the nightly reset.
Why is it a good idea to reset your home every night?
It helps get your home ready for the next day, like restarting a game. When you start over, everything is in order and you can have a fresh start.
No matter what happened during the day, if you reset your home at night, the next day will be even better!
What’s in a nightly reset?
Every person could have a different way to reset her home each night. Here’s what mine includes:
- Start with the Kitchen: Clean the counters, sink, and floor. Wash the dishes and put them away. Wipe down the surfaces and make sure everything is tidy.
- Move on to the Living Room: Pick up any toys or clutter, and fluff the cushions on the sofa.
- Tackle the Bedroom: Put away any clothes or belongings that are out of place, and tidy up any surfaces.
- Bathroom: Wipe down the surfaces and sweep or mop the floor.
- Pick up stray items around the house and return them where they belong.
- Prep anything we need to get out of the house the next morning.
- Final Touch: Take a few minutes to walk around the home and make sure everything is in order. Put away any forgotten items, turn off the lights, and lock the doors.
- End the Day on a High Note: Take a moment to reflect on your accomplishments for the day and set intentions for the next. Get a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed for the next day.
Doing a nightly reset doesn't have to take a lot of time. It only takes me 10 to 15 minutes. But it makes a big difference in how I feel in the morning.
I don't have to start the day seeing all the kitchen chores that need to be done. I don't have to worry if we have enough clean dishes or search for things we need.
I can use my mornings however I want, instead of stressing about the house.
Start your nightly reset today!
If you're not sure where to begin, start small and start easy.
For example, you can begin by washing all the dishes and running the dishwasher. Or you can start by clearing the family drop zone every night.