Starting the new year with new setup can be a great way to get organized and feel motivated for the year ahead. It's a great idea to reset your planner at the beginning of the year to help you stay organized and on track in the new year.
I like to set the tone with candles, coffee, or other cozy details can also help you get into a refreshed and focused mindset as you begin to plan for the new year.
There are several steps you can take to do this effectively:
- Reflect, sort and then Purge your previous years inserts.
- Review your setup, system and sections to see if they still work.
- Add your new inserts for the upcoming year
- Purge your inbox items or transfer to new inbox
- Plan your year at a glance
- Plan your Month
- Plan the first week of January
- Add any new decor pieces or change your cover to freshen the look
- Do a quick flip through to make sure things look good
- Think about your schedule for maintaining your planner via a routine
- Get new inserts or try a new planner: Starting with fresh, new inserts or a new planner can help you feel more motivated and ready to tackle the new year.
- Try a new organization system: Experiment with different organization methods and tools to find what works best for you.
- Check out Youtube for some tips and inspiration: Learning new planning techniques or getting personalized advice can help you get the most out of your planner.
- Start simple: If you feel overwhelmed, try focusing on just a few important tasks at a time to help you get into the planning groove.
- Test a new planning technique: There are many different planning techniques you can try, such as the time block method, bullet journaling, or the Pomodoro technique. Experimenting with different methods can help you find what works best for you.
It's true that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to planning and organization. Different methods and tools work for different people, and it's important to find what works best for you.