December 29, 2022
10 things you should do for yourself before the New Year
The end of the year is quickly approaching, and it's time to start preparing for the new year. Here are 10 things you should do before the new year begins to set yourself up for success:
- Take a day off: Before the New Year arrives, consider taking a day or two off to reflect on the past year and spend some time focusing on self-care. Use this time to do an annual review, considering what you've learned, what you need to let go of, and what you want to take forward into the new year.
- Declutter: Get rid of any physical clutter in your life before the New Year begins. This can help clear your mind and make space for the valuable and good things that are coming your way in the new year. Start by decluttering areas of your life like your desk, closet, or bag.
Here are some things to declutter before the New Year
- Your purse
- Your pantry
- Your screenshots
- Old food items in your fridge
- Old Bills
- Old makeup you’re no longer using
- Old clothes
- And anything you no longer need
- Reflect on your year: Take the time to do an annual self-reflection practice, answering questions about the past year and what you've learned. This can bring clarity to the year that has passed and help you focus on what you want to achieve in the new year.
- Create a New Year plan: Make a plan for the coming year, including your intentions for the areas of health and wellbeing, relationships, career, and personal growth. For each intention, create a structure with actionable steps that will help you achieve it.
Your Intentions for the coming year in these 4 areas-
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal Growth
- Set goals: Set both long-term and short-term goals for the New Year. Make sure your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
- Review your budget: Review your budget from the past year and make any necessary adjustments for the coming year. Consider creating a budget plan for the New Year to help you stay on track with your financial goals.
- Set up systems: Set up systems that will help you stay organized and on top of your tasks in the New Year. This might include creating a to-do list, using a planner, or setting up a system for tracking your progress towards your goals.
- Review your routines: Take a look at your current routines and consider making any necessary changes to better support your goals and priorities in the New Year.
- Get prepared: Make sure you have everything you need to get started in the New Year, including any necessary supplies or equipment.
- Celebrate your accomplishments: Before the New Year arrives, take a moment to celebrate your accomplishments from the past year. This can help you start the New Year feeling proud of what you've achieved and motivated to keep going.